Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
As comforting to make as it is to eat!
Deb's Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe. Make use of all the skin and bones and chicken left over from the Sunday roast chicken feast to
make this unbelievably rich soup.
We often buy pre roasted chickens and get two hearty meals (for two) by making this tasty soup broth for the following night.
Chicken skin, bones and wing tips from a pre-roasted chicken are simmered into a delicious broth, an essential beginning to any homemade chicken soup recipe.
Add noodles, rice, tortillas or whatever floats your boat to make
a new favorite every time.
Deb's Homemade Chicken Soup
Ingredients for Homemade Chicken Broth Recipe
- 1 or 2 - Pre-roasted chicken carcass, skin and juice
- 1 - Carrot, trimmed, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 - Onion, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 Cup - Celery and leaves, chopped
- 1 - Roma Tomato, chopped
- 1 - Bayleaf (2 if small)
- 1/2 teaspoon - Poultry seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons - Fresh Parsley, chopped (or 2 tsps. dried)
- Water to cover contents
- Freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
Method - Homemade Chicken Broth
Once you've brewed your chicken broth it can be transformed into a chicken and noodle or vegetable soup in minutes. Just add your favorite ingredients and bubble
up your specialty.
Chilling the broth allows the fat to solidify into an easily removable layer for fat free chicken broth.
Ingredients for Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe
- 4 Cups - Homemade chicken broth
- 1 to 2 Cups - Reserved chicken meat
- 1/4 Cup or less - noodles or rice
- 1 - 2 Cups - vegetables if desired
- Salt if required
Method - Chicken Soup
- Return 4 cups of the broth to the pot, diluted as necessary to adjust the flavor.
- Add the reserved chicken meat, noodles, rice, tortellini, quinoa,
vegetables (carrot, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, cabbage, beans, kale...) whatever you have.
- Add only a handful (1/8 - 1/4 cup) of grains or noodles as they absorb a
lot of moisture and can make your soup too thick.
- Simmer 'til cooked and salt to taste.
- Makes 4 servings