Taco Soup Recipe
A Taco in a Bowl
The Taco Soup Recipe that whips up in an hour and is a party in a bowl. This is one of those Mexican soups that can be made ahead and
presented with Mexican flair.
For a recipe that's sure to become a family favorite, mix together all the ingredients that make a stuffed and loaded taco a favorite Mexican dish.
Here's a recipe for a mouthwatering taco soup that begins with a tomatoey broth and incorporates colorful black beans, corn and green onions to
make a rich and filling soup that's interesting enough to serve to company and wholesome enough to have every week. Kids love getting to choose their own toppings.
When the kids request it for their birthday party, you know it's a winner.
This is a super soup for a get together. Make it ahead and reheat it for your guests.
Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound - Ground meat - Beef, turkey, venison, etc.
- 1 Bunch - Green onions, chopped
- 1 Can - Black beans, 16oz.
- 1 Can - Pinto beans, 16oz.
- 1 Can - Sweet kernel corn, 16oz - or 1 Cup frozen
- 1 Envelope - Taco seasoning mix, 1oz
- 1 Envelope - Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (or Fiesta Ranch)
- 1 - 28 oz can - Diced tomatoes
- 1 - 15 oz can - Tomato sauce, or tomato juice
- 1 - 4.5 oz can green chiles, chopped
- 1 Cup - Water
Toppings - Set out your favorites
- Sour Cream
- Grated cheese
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced green onion
- Sliced green or black olives
- Lime slices
- Taco chips
- Brown the ground meat in a 4 Quart dutch oven or soup pot.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a light boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 40 minutes
(or longer for a more developed flavor).
- Thin with tomato juice if a soupier consistency is desired.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls and offer toppings.
- Makes 6 servings